Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
deadvenom-x

Invert Colors?!

Messages recommandés

Well, I caught my longicauda finishing up her shed tonight, and I saw a little patch of...white and blue..ish. Ive seen boas with one or two white scales every now and then after shed but I have never seen this????? She has a white spot on her left "cheek" (jaw muscle) ever since I got her in February but this is new.

Let me know what you think of this...it's almost like her colors inverted!

If you look closely, you can still see she does have pattern in the patch

You can see the white spot on her head in this photo that she has always had

Dure à dire seulement avec des photos. Il peut s'être blessé un peu lors de la mue, ou durant le processus. Ça peut être aussi du fungus (maladie de la peau) cause parfois par un trop haut taux d'humidité, ou encore un terrarium pas suffisant nettoyer. Garde ton terrarium propre, ça devrait partir avec les prochaines mues, assure toi que tes conditions sont bonne.

Ghost a écrit:
Dure à dire seulement avec des photos. Il peut s'être blessé un peu lors de la mue, ou durant le processus. Ça peut être aussi du fungus (maladie de la peau) cause parfois par un trop haut taux d'humidité, ou encore un terrarium pas suffisant nettoyer. Garde ton terrarium propre, ça devrait partir avec les prochaines mues, assure toi que tes conditions sont bonne.

Her cage is very clean, and average of 60% humidity. I keep my young boas in a rack system so she cant really rub against anything....that is what got me confused

As Ghost said waiting at the next moult and just post it.
According to me is nothing too serious.
Good luck!

Ghost a écrit:

Je dirait comme Ghost !! Mais après la prochaines mue si tu en vois d'autres apparaitre alors un trip ché le Vet est nécessaire ! thumright

that's a bit alarming... Have you seen some gelatinous stool in her cage?

she has been perfectly fine. The scales are very smooth as if nothing happened (not rough or anything). I have seen this before and it went away next shed, but just not this much of it at once. Im not to worried, just curious to what people think cause this to happen

The only problem I can think of (I don't know the name of the disease) But it's a digestive problem. Bacterias develope inside and it causes the stool to be gelatinous and sometimes diarhea... And if the boa happens to get it on it's skin, it goes in a shed cycle right away, and sometimes end up having washed out scales like on the picture. Surely you must have heard about the Zucker rats? Rats with a higher percentage of fat. Boas cannot digest them well, only python and monitors... Anyways, I don't want to scare you with all of this, just take this into consideration. Cause if you rule out fungus, and she couldn't have hurt herself... I don't know what else to think of....

I remember Stav talking about it... he said to just isolate the snake and don't make it come in contact with the others just to be safe. he said it make go away after one or 2 sheds, or it may stay. I remember it happened to Jaelle's cornsnake, there was a post about it... The cornsnake had several spots everywhere on it's body, and after 4 sheds it never went away. I don't know what it is, but maybe it happens to snakes in the wild too... You're giving it as much care a snake needs, there's nothing else you can do but wait I guess.

and it happen to me too ...me too it wen away ,and came back worse ,it a fungus ,it not alway visible to the naked eyes

and it is fungus ...and mi cage was clean and everything ..it can spreed very quicly to other snake if they are in contact with the poop or caging or bolle of water etc etc ...isolate thos snake and other they mai got in contact wit it ...

Patt

She is away from other snakes at the moment, I know what zucker rats are, I will never use those, even for pythons or monitors. I'll see what happens in the next couple sheds. Im not really worried as she is still acting normal.

• Créer...